Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spending Like a Drunken Sailor

I’m trying to kindle in myself the urgency required to take action on the many things that I can, and do, put off. The departure date sometimes seems so close and sometimes far away. I am a procrastinator by nature, and tell everyone I work better under pressure. Probably because I put myself in the position to be under pressure so often, it has HAD to work for me. But with the trip to the bay in the rear view mirror, I see how much needed to be done, and it helped me with the fire I need to use to move me forward.

I found posting an item for sale on eBay is unbelievably easy! I found this because some of my great clothes that will NOT be useful in Mexico on a boat were just too hard to drop off at the Goodwill. So, although I may not really make much money with my eBay endeavors, I know that the people I am placing my beloved “things” with have found value enough to pay me to mail them (is there a name for this disorder?).

Hmm, this is turning into my SECOND post on “stuff”. I really believe this trip may go a long way towards healing my acquisition affliction (wait, thought I was over this).

The only thing I spend time and money on now is boat stuff. I joke that each payday we go to West Marine and just sign our checks over to them. OK, it just feels that way. We are past the research and development stage and full bore to the acquisition stage. Through-hulls, hammocks for veggies, grease, water filters, gas filters, sandals, bathing suits (hey a girl has to have SOMETHING to wear) fans, screws, fittings, gaskets, and the list goes on and on.

So it feels like we are turning a corner, one of many to be sure. Buying school supplies for the kids, batteries, and other things to trade for fish, shrimp and hopefully langostina, or Baja lobster (I have yet to taste this delicacy!) Off to the store for more stuff!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment