Sunday, December 20, 2009

Judging Books

It’s not always comfortable to see things from a different perspective

I’ve been here quite a few times for conferences, and it is totally different without hoards of people here! It is interesting to see places from a totally different perspective. Places you have been in many times become foreign due to the change in your needs from this side of the fence. Last time I was here, I didn’t need block ice, propane, a washer, or a grocery store.

Needs whittle down to actual necessities, or maybe not even necessities, more like basics. I don’t NEED to have a washer and dryer to wash my clothes, but it is nice. Even that, instead of a laundry room, being a requirement, I’m excited because the marina has a washer and dryer.

When we arrived we saw a sea lion swim right under the dock we were walking on, the water was so clear you could easily see his skin and tail flippers and how they moved. Yesterday I saw a jelly fish right by the stairs, I stood and watched him for a long time, way cool!

This is not the trip we had planned, by now we were supposed to have San Diego in the rear view mirror. It is now about transforming the goal oriented, lets get moving, we have places to be mindset. Trying to purpose to enjoy each location each experience for what it has to offer. In Pillar Point, I missed the opportunity to buy crab right off the boat that caught it that morning, I thought it would be there the next day, but the next day the opportunity was gone. Hope I don’t have to learn that lesson too many times.

Looks like tomorrow we will be headed to San Simeon, but if not, maybe I’ll meet an interesting person or maybe a sea otter will show up for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. Cindi, Could you lead each entry in the log with a location. Makes following you a bit easier. You know where you are... but.
    Watching you learn.
    Jim and Alyson

    ReplyDelete