Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Roads

Working hard, saving money, and looking ahead.

We have sold our beloved Quiet Moon, rehomed her, hahaha. We sold her to friends and the repairs are coming along nicely, which really helps. You really do come to love your boat.

Quiet Moon was our home, our focus for four months, seems like such a short time, but like vanilla; extracted, a small amount, but powerful and potent. She will always be a part of us, I refuse to look back, to entertain what ifs, shoulda woulda coulda.

So even though we SAID we would wait, and buy a boat in Mexico, we have already started the search for a new boat. Or should I say a different boat.

The day we transfered paperwork, we looked at 3 boats. Yea right, we are gonna wait. We seem to be addicted to the water. We have become gypsies, vagabonds, boat people.

I am trying to be content. I love my apartment, ie first land anchorage, and we are one block from the river, but still, every time I drive by the sloughs and the river, I dream of anchorages, quiet places with the lazy river meandering by.

So tomorrow, we head to Alameda and Richmond to see a few possiblities. AHHH boat shopping.

I think I have honed my goal setting to much to fine a point. I don't just fall in love with boats, or see myself on them, they are MINE. They belong to me, and I am a part of them. But it is both a blessing and a curse, it motivates me and also causes frustration and sorrow. These wonderful vessels of transportation to dreamlike setttings, magical locations, visions of the future, the hopes, the dreams of the cruiser, or hopes of many for an eden, nirvana, paradise a Camelot. We all dream of SOMETHING, for some it is an island, a mountain cabin, a beach; we all need a future, a possibilty. We need to believe there is a purpose, a "why" for the sacrifices we make daily.

I think what Marcus and I are doing speaks to the possibilities of the future. If all there is is laundry, childrearing, bills, work, and all the mundane tasks of life, it is just too hard. We all need a dream, a goal, a "someday".

When I was raising my children, my best friend and I had an apartment, not an acutal apartment, but a dream apartment. We talked about it when times were hard, it had white carpet, shiny stainless appliances, and a stereo in a glass case with no littleone's fingerprints. It helped us cope with the day to day "stuff".

I know raising children is important, I am first in line with parents focusing on their children, and lives revolving around them and their activities. But, sometimes, you need to look beyond.

I'll let you know what tomorrows search brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment